Christian Deeper Learning Conference
This year, we are offering, at an affordable rate, an experience for your whole school staff! We encourage you to SIGN UP AS A WHOLE STAFF. The likelihood of truly implementing deeper learning practices is greatly enhanced with whole school participation. Individual registration will also be made available.
Look for more details and registration information soon!
Building Christian Community - We are Crew
Compassion and Equity
Why Deeper Learning?
An honest conversation with educators
What does it mean to approach learning as participation in “God’s Story?” Learning in God’s Story is not primarily about content but about experience. Our participation is not only about what we think but also about our deepest hopes for ourselves and the world in light of God’s Story. So then, does our Christian faith go beyond phrases like the “integration of faith and learning” or “teaching from a Christian worldview” to teaching in a way where our faith informs our pedagogy?
Yet, at times, if we are honest, we may have nagging feelings that we are not moving toward that ultimate mission through fully aligning our faith/beliefs and how we educate:
- Does the way I organize my class (curriculum, instruction, assessment, and culture) honor my students as image bearers of our Creator?
- Are my students really engaged in the work I assign, or are we both going through the motions of what we imagine school is “supposed to be?”
- Have I made compromises in my practices? Am I focusing too much on individual student success and keeping parents/admin happy, doing it “the way it has always been done?” Is there a way I can better model the creativity and innovation of Jesus?
- What can I do to explicitly and implicitly focus my classroom on loving God and our neighbors?
Deeper Learning in Christian schools
Deeper Learning in Christian schools seeks to help educators with these three foundations:
- A celebration of the learner: what it means to be created in God’s image.
- A mindfulness towards learning design: how curriculum, instruction and assessment inspire inward and outward engagement.
- A responsiveness to culture: how to embody our mission in every aspect of school life and how to live it out in God’s world.
Keynote Speakers & Organizers
Be Encouraged & Equipped
Our international line up of presenters will share their expertise in a series of dynamic workshops.
Be a Sponsor
Sponsorships are a vital part of helping advance the Deeper Learning emphasis in faith-based schools through this conference. Four sponsorship levels (Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Remote) are available to promote your institution or organization.
Not sure which level is right for you? Call Tim Van Soelen at (712) 722-6228 or email email@example.com. Let’s discuss your goals and together we’ll identify the appropriate package to effectively deliver your message.